Bugsnax, the charming-looking critter adventure from Octodad: Dadliest Catch developer Young Horses, will be part of the PlayStation 5 launch lineup, debuting Nov. 12 alongside Sony’s next-generation console, the studio announced Thursday.
Young Horses will also release Bugsnax on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC the same day, and is pricing the game at $24.99 on all platforms. The PC version will be available exclusively in the Epic Games Store, where interested parties can currently pre-order the game at a 15% discount for $21.24.
Alongside the release date announcement Thursday, Young Horses revealed the voice cast for Bugsnax in a PlayStation Blog post. Pre-pandemic, the studio gathered together a group of industry veterans — and they all recorded in the same room, simultaneously. Here’s the complete list of characters and the actors portraying them:
- Wambus Troubleham – Fred Tatasciore (Overwatch)
- Wiggle Bigglebottom – Kenna Ramsey
- Chandlo Funkbun – Yuri Lowenthal (Marvel’s Spider-Man)
- Filbo Fiddlepie – Max Mittelman (Saitama in One-Punch Man)
- Gramble Gigglefunny – Sam Riegel (Duck Tales)
- Shelda Smellywag – Debra Wilson (Jedi: Fallen Order)
- Floofty Fizzlebean – Casey Mongillo (Evangelion)
- Eggabell Batternugget – Fryda Wolff (Loba in Apex Legends)
- Beffica Winklesnoot – Cassandra Lee Morris (Persona 5)
- Snorpy Fizzlebean – Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Cromdo Face – Rick Zieff (Terminator 3)
- Clumby Clumbernut – Barbara Goodson (Rita Repulsa)
- Elizabert Megafig – Helen Sadler (Battlefront)
- Triffany Lottablog – Haviland Stillwell (Devil May Cry 5)
Bugsnax takes place on the mysterious Snaktooth Island. Players will need to unravel the mystery of a missing explorer named Elizabert Megafig, and learn more about the bizarre creatures around the island — the titular bugsnax.
Players can, of course, feed these bugsnax to the game’s cast of characters, transforming parts of their bodies into things like French fries and strawberries. By capturing and collecting the various different bugsnax, players can customize the look of each cast member on the island.