Another patch is coming for Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, developer Mediatonic announced on Sunday. It’s expected to drop “in the next week,” according to a tweet on the official Fall Guys Twitter account.
The proposed patch notes list has a bunch of changes, many of which have been heavily requested by Fall Guys players. One of the more exciting changes — for PlayStation 4 players — is controller options: Players will be able to invert the X/Y axis and controller sensitivity, both of which were not originally available. The other small, but hugely requested feature was regarding the Spectator mode; players were sick of scrolling through dozens of players to watch their pals. Once the update hits, party members will be sorted first while spectating.
We’ve got a patch that’s almost ready to go – will hopefully drop it in the next week!
I’m really excited about this one as it’s got lots of the things you’ve been asking us for!
Shout yourself out in the replies if you spot something you requested!
— Fall Guys (@FallGuysGame) August 23, 2020
Likewise, Mediatonic tweaked the algorithm for its “round selection” to better choose games — it’ll only select team games “if the team sizes can be equal.” Here’s the full list of changes:
- Tweaked round selection algorithm to select a Team game only if the team sizes can be equal
- Party members are now sorted first in Spectator mode
- Added Controller options, including invert X/Y axis and sensitivity settings (PS4 only)
- Slime Climb: players can no longer grab some of the moving obstacles
- Jump Showdown: changed geometry to prevent a gameplay exploit
- Jump Showdown: fixed camera auto-panning
- Improved in-game Store purchase dialog to avoid accidental selections
- Addressed the top 5 most frequent crashes
- Visual fixes to some of the outfits
- Improved UI performance on non-Pro PS4 models
- Added option to change the jump button for Japan
- Trophy/Achievement names and descriptions are now correctly displayed in all supported languages
- Removed move speed nerf from Yellow Team (Don’t post this one)
Of course, the last one is a joke. Or maybe it’s not. Even Mediatonic and the Fall Guys social media team are guilty of bullying the yellow team. We’re not that bad!