- Gears Tactics will be released for Xbox consoles November 10 alongside the launch of Xbox Series X|S and is now available for pre-install with Xbox Game Pass.
- Watch the launch trailer that includes new features coming to Gears Tactics on all platforms, including the new playable character, Jack.
- The new Gears of War – Locust Horde Limited Edition Wireless Controller and Pro Charging Stand arrives November 3.
Gears Tactics, the fast-paced, turn-based strategy game set in the Gears of War universe, will arrive on Xbox consoles alongside the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S console launch on November 10, with an Optimized experience to feature Smart Delivery and gameplay in 4K Ultra HD at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X. Pre-order for consoles or pre-install with Xbox Game Pass now.
Gears Tactics – Xbox
Pre-order Gears Tactics or play Gears Tactics on Xbox Game Pass before Dec 4, 2020 and receive the Thrashball Cole Character Pack.*
Gears Tactics is the fast-paced, turn-based strategy game set 12 years before the first Gears of War.
Cities on the planet Sera are beginning to fall to the monstrous threat rising from underground – the Locust Horde. With the government in disarray, a squad of survivors emerge as humanity’s last hope. Play as Gabe Diaz, recruiting, equipping and commanding your squads on a desperate mission to hunt down the relentless and powerful leader of the Locust army: Ukkon, the evil mastermind who makes monsters. Against all odds and fighting for survival, outsmart your enemy in uniquely brutal, turn-based tactical combat. Experience the intensity of one of the most-acclaimed video game sagas in an exciting new way.
– Immersive and character-driven story: Play as the defiant soldier Gabe Diaz, rescuing and building your troops in a journey of leadership, survival and sacrifice.
– Customizable squad and equipment: Prepare your troops to face tough enemies, upgrading their skills and outfitting them with loot collected in challenging missions.
– Aggressive gameplay: Command your squad in fast paced, turn-based battles, advancing and surviving intense and visceral encounters with the unstoppable, swarming enemy.
– Massive boss battles: Defeat towering deadly bosses that defy your strategies and completely change the scale of the battle.
– New content: Jack joins the fight with over 20 skills to combat new, powerful enemies. Improve your weapons and armor with Supreme equipment.
– Optimized for Xbox Series X: Gears Tactics features Smart Delivery and plays in 4K Ultra HD at 60 frames per second.
* Offer valid for (1) pre-orders of Gears Tactics digital game on Microsoft Store or Microsoft.com OR (2) playing of Gears Tactics with an active Xbox Game Pass membership by Dec 4, 2020. Content requires internet to download. May take up to two weeks to receive content in-game.
Gears Tactics, which made its critically-acclaimed PC debut earlier this year, features an immersive and character-driven story, following the journey of the defiant soldier Gabe Diaz to rescue and build a squad to fight the emerging Locust threat. Players customize their squad and equipment to face challenging enemies and massive bosses in aggressive and visceral encounters with the Locust Horde enemy.
Alongside the November 10 availability on Xbox consoles and with Xbox Game Pass, Gears Tactics is getting a major update that adds new features to all platforms:
- Jack joins the fight – Gears of War’s signature companion bot, Jack will join Gabe and the heroes of Gears Tactics as a new playable character. In Gears Tactics, Jack is a new hero that changes the dynamic of the encounters, with 20+ new skills ranging from empowering auras to hijacking and controlling enemy units.
- New powerful enemies – Deviant enemies are introduced in Gears Tactics, adding a new layer of challenge in the battles, with special abilities that will defy the players’ strategies.
- New Supreme equipment – The new Supreme equipment rewards players with powerful gear to play through the campaign, defying massive bosses and facing the new Deviant enemies.
- Enhanced controller support – Optimized experience for Xbox controllers on console and PC.
Gears Tactics is currently available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, Steam and Windows 10 PC. PC players will receive these new features as a free content update on November 10.
Optimized for Xbox Series X|S
Enjoy an unparalleled console experience with Gears Tactics Optimized for Xbox Series X|S, running at 60 FPS and 4K UHD on Xbox Series X. Smart Delivery will ensure you have the best available version of Gears Tactics for your Xbox console, with faster load times and Variable Rate Shading on Xbox Series X|S.
Introducing the Gears of War – Locust Horde Limited Edition Controller and Pro Charging Stand
For Gears Tactics and Gears of War fans, we’ve partnered with Controller Gear to develop the new Gears of War – Locust Horde Limited Edition Controller and Pro Charging Stand. This officially licensed controller and stand set is compatible with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 PCs and tablets via Bluetooth.
The controller features design cues based on the formidable Locust General RAAM and custom button mapping for personalized configuration as you game. The accompanying stand is equipped with a magnetic contact system to provide a secure and fast charge every time and is made with the same material as your wireless controller, for a perfect match and ultimate collector display.
Available November 3, pre-orders of the Gears of War – Locust Collector’s Edition Controller and Pro Charging Stand are now open on ControllerGear.com.
For more information on Gears Tactics, the Gears of War franchise and all things Xbox, stay tuned to Xbox Wire or follow Gears of War on Twitter @GearsofWar.